- Fri 19 Nov 2010, 10:00pm @ Mangawhai Tavern, Mangawhai
- Sat 20 Nov 2010, 10:00pm @ The Rocks, Auckland
- Thu 25 Nov 2010, 10:00pm @ The Vic's Brew Bar, Nelson
- Fri 26 Nov 2010, 10:00pm @ Baby G's Lounge, Nelson
- Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:00pm @ Mussel Inn, Takaka
- Music: Rock, Jazz, Funk
- Bands: Vortex Tribe, Pete Riley, Darren Mathiasson, Jon Mulvey, Deborah Yates
Funky dance grooves, exciting music from Vortex Tribe with special guest Jon Mulvey
Vortex Tribe is a perfect storm of rich experience and fearless talent, delivering a well-honed sound and a dance-inducing punch. Any given performance showcases a unique cast of players as touring, recording, and performing occur often and all over the world. The sound is consistently massive and superb, bringing crowds to their feet.
How did such a supergroup come about Yates dreamed up the concept of the Tribe in 2005 while playing in a latin-jazz-funk group. Later that year with Jon Mulvey, those musical relationships provided the first solid platform for Vortex Tribe’s current shape and sound.
Vortex Tribe’s key ingredient remains variety. It’s the mix of styles and the players and their backgrounds that generate the awesome depth of sound. It’s the amalgamation of lifetimes in the music industry combined with daring young talent that give the band its edge. And on stage, the blend of charisma and dazzling showmanship moves crowds, stirs the soul, and indelibly impresses.
19 November - Mangawhai Tavern, Mangawhai
20 November - Waiheke Island, Auckland
25 November - Vics Brew Bar, Nelson
26 November - Baby Gs Lounge, Nelson
27 November - Mussel Inn, Golden Bay