- Tue 28 Dec 2010, 10:00pm @ The Station Village Complex, Lower Hutt
- Wed 29 Dec 2010, 7:30pm @ Butlers Reef, Oakura, New Plymouth
- Fri 31 Dec 2010, 6:00pm @ Riwaka Hotel, Nelson
- Sun 2 Jan 2011, 7:30pm @ Waihi Beach Hotel, Waihi
- Mon 3 Jan 2011, 7:30pm @ Coroglen Tavern, Whitianga
- Tue 4 Jan 2011, 6:00pm @ Brewers Field, Mount Maunganui
- Thu 6 Jan 2011, 7:30pm @ Mangawhai Tavern, Mangawhai
- Fri 7 Jan 2011, 7:30pm @ Mangawhai Tavern, Mangawhai
- Sat 8 Jan 2011, 7:30pm @ Opononi Hotel, Enter City
- Music: Roots, Reggae, Jazz, Electro, Dub
- Bands: Fat Freddy's Drop
- Tickets: Tickets: $55+BF except NYE gig $60+BF. Tickets available ticketmaster.co.nz and amplifier.co.nz from 18th October
FFD NZ Summer Tour
Fat Freddy's Drop throws a fun party. Get into it. Erik Thybony, San Francisco Critic, USA
The mercurial magic of Fat Freddy’s Drop is on The Road to Opononi in a fortuitous collision between two of our most venerable institutions: the hazy days of summer and Fat Freddy’s Drop live!
Fat Freddy’s Drop spent 2010 taking the sound of the New Zealand summer to the festival stages of Europe, California and Hawaii as part of the Live at Roundhouse World Tour. Now they have returned home to bring the party vibe to our New Zealand summer beaches. Packing trombones, analogue synths, waterskis, tennis rackets and fishing rods, Fat Freddy’s Drop will play nine shows stretching from Lower Hutt to Opononi in the Hokianga for a sparkling finale to the run of epic globetrotting.
The Road to Opononi Summer Tour officially starts Tuesday 28th December at The Station Village Complex in Lower Hutt, travels to Butlers Reef Hotel in Oakura, down south to Riwaka Hotel for New Years Eve and then north again to Waihi Beach Hotel, Coroglen Tavern and Brewers’ Field in Mt Maunganui. The tour features two shows at Mangawhai Tavern before reaching the final destination Opononi Hotel on Saturday 8th January. Tickets are on sale from Monday 18th October from Ticketmaster, Amplifier and venues.
The genre defiant Fat Freddy’s Drop played to 100,000 people as they navigated Live at Roundhouse World Tour to festivals like Bestival, Isle of Wight, Electric Picnic, Ireland and Rock en Seine, France as well as a run of sold out headline shows across the UK in preparation for tearing around the nation.
“Make no bones about it Fat Freddy’s Drop loves reggae almost as much as they love BBQs! What’s more we love techno, afro – ska, country soul and any other genre you care to mention. We’ll mash styles much the same as Hopepa mixes stripes and plaid. Or speedos with swandris,” trumpet maestro Tony Chang said.
Support from DJ VEE at The Station Village Complex, Butlers Reef & Riwaka.
Support from BELLA KALOLO at Waihi Beach, Coroglen, Brewers' Field, Mangawhau and Opononi.
Fat Freddy's Drop The Road To Opononi Summer Tour is presented by The Drop in association with ZM, Yahoo!Xtra, The Groove Guide & Eccles.