- Sat 4 Mar 2006, 10:00pm @ Subculture, Queenstown
- Fri 10 Mar 2006, 10:00pm @ Catalyst, Hamilton
- Fri 17 Mar 2006, 10:00pm @ Winnie Bagoes, Christchurch
- Sat 25 Mar 2006, 10:00pm @ Rising Sun, Auckland
- Fri 31 Mar 2006, 9:00pm @ Indigo, Wellington
- Fri 7 Apr 2006, 10:00pm @ Refuel Bar, Dunedin
- Music: Electro, Breaks
- DJs: Minuit, FunknSlocuts
- Bands: Minuit
- Tickets: on the door on the night - first in
Brand new spanking album
Electronic live act Minuit (pronounced - minwee), have been described as having something many dance outfits studiously avoid - a sense of personality... And these current holders of the bNet Electronic Award, are out to show you how that personality reacts under fire.
They're here to celebrate the release of their new album, 'The Guards Themselves', which predictably is not for the faint, nor feint, of heart..Fuji, the first single from the new album is a signal of intent.
"Here's to those who thought you knew me, I'm like 36 views of Mt Fuji, Call me what you like".
Live, Minuit are about the songs: The Boy with the Aubergine Hair, Except You, Menace, Fuji, I Hate Guns...delivered via an inventive breakbeat arsenal and shuddering gallant basslines to make you feel you are made of steel.
And it's no small feat they are included on the latest 'Future Sound of..' compilation, alongside electronic heavy-hitters Bjork and DJ Krush, to represent a future sound of breaks and beats.
Like any live band, you need to hear it AND see it before you truly get it! Call it what you like - March is your chance to get Minuit..
"This is highly original music, unlike anything else coming out of New Zealand. For once, do believe the hype." The Press
"[Minuit] sport more hooks than a crochet club." Grant Smithies - Sunday Star Times