Gathering 2002: Call for DJs
DJs and live acts are invited to submit a mix showing us their best. This year The Gathering has the following zones calling for submissions: Trance/Techno, House, Drum and Bass/Reggae/Hip Hop, Hardcore, Hard House and Ambient.
29 Jun 2001
This is the Call for DJs for The Gathering 2002 : G2
DJs and live acts are invited to submit a mix showing us their best.
This year The Gathering has the following zones calling for submissions:
Trance/Techno, House, Drum and Bass/Reggae/Hip Hop, Hardcore, Hard House and Ambient.
The Deadline for submissions is the end of August, 2001.
What you need to send:
- Your mix (CD preferred) with your real name, dj name, email address, postal address, phone number, style and zone the submission is for written on the tape or CD itself (tapes and CDs often get separated from their covers)
- A one page bio, detailing your dj history, a bit about yourself, your full contact details, and any other information you think is relevant.
Send your submissions to
PO Box 1386
- Due to the number of submissions, we cannot return any material you send us
- We prefer to work over email, if you don't have an email address, consider setting up a free email account to deal with us. Please make sure you also provide us with a postal address and phone number.
- Submissions will be passed on to Zone Coordinators who will pick the best for their dj rosters.
- If you want to perform in for multiple zones, please send a separate submission for each zone, as they will go to different people
- Coordinators will endevour to contact everyone to let them know if they are performing or not, but time constraints may prevent us from contacting unsuccessful submissions. Please be patient.
- A call for performers will go out shortly
- If you have questions, please check The Gathering website first - answers to most common questions are available there: http://gathering.co.nz
The Gathering, New Zealand's largest outdoor dance festival, is in it's sixth year, attracting up to 10,000 people each new years for two nights dance mayhem.
The Gathering 2002 will run for three nights, from Midday 31 December 2001 to Midday 3rd January 2002, the third night will be an ambient night with the main zones closed to allow people to rest & recover before leaving site. It will be held in Cobb Valley, near Takaka in The South Island of New Zealand - same as last year.
The Gathering contains 8 outdoor and covered zones, covering the entire spectrum of dance music
Tickets will go on sale from The Gathering website - http://www.gathering.co.nz - from the 1st July with ticket offices being named shortly afterwards. Tickets will be $130 until the 1st of October, increasing to $160 thereafter.